The first in an occasional audio documentary series, which explores the history, people, places and traditions of North Shore Country Day School in Winnetka, IL.
In this first episode, we answer the question: What’s up with Talley’s Alley?
The piece features the following interviews and voices:
- Kindergarten, 1st, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 11th, 12th graders
- Current faculty and staff
- Alumni from the classes of 1942, ’71, ’75
- A NSCDS parent
- A theme song written and sung by Tess (7th grade)
- NSCDS neighbors (who currently live in the Talley house)
- The Winnetka Forrester (talking to us about the trees which line Talley’s Alley)
This piece truly reflects upon, and takes advantage of, North Shore Country Day School as a K-12 Community – and NSCDS as part of the larger Winnetka community.
(This project was inspired by a similar one done by WLRN, South Florida Public Radio, as part of their series “Under The Sun: What’s Up with South Florida?”)
Third Grade Audio
“See” the world through third grade ears